Secondary School Submission Guidelines
Once all deliverables are finalized, they will be submitted on a submission platform. (Website to be announced at a later date)
Note: Deliverables are different for Primary and High School. Make sure you follow the correct set of guidelines for your division.
By submitting, you agree to the Submission Integrity Clause:
This submission and all deliverables included were created solely by the students on this team.
Team Photo or other photo that represents your team (with mentor and teacher included, if possible).
- Completion of post-program survey. (Each team member should complete this. Separate links to come at end of competition.)
Technical (20 points)
- Share your app source code.
- If developed in App Inventor, here are instructions on how to export an .aia file (not .apk).
- Share your code by:
- 100-word app description
- 2-5 screenshots of your app to help judges understand how it works.
- Complete the Technical Checklist.
- Include a sentence or screenshot to explain each item
- Upload a picture of your paper prototype and one event flow chart discussed in Coding Unit 5
- Demo Video (2 minutes or less)
- Clearly demonstrate the functionality of your app
- Highlight the unique features of your app
- Focus on the user interface
- The video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, and the link must be shared through the Technovation Challenge APAC submission platform.
Ideation (15 points)
- Clearly demonstrate how your app idea aligns with at least one of the 6 Technovation themes of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (peace, equality, poverty, environment, education, or health)
- Explain and provide evidence through facts and statistics of the problem you are addressing.
- Make sure your app effectively addresses the problem you outlined.
Pitch (20 points)
- Pitch video (4 minutes or less)
- All members of the team must speak.
- The video can be any format the team wants. Possible formats include: Skits, Slide Presentations, and Testimonials from users.
- The video must be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo, and the link must be shared through the Technovation submission platform.
- Pitch presentation deck
- Submit as a PDF document. Here are some tips for how to export different presentation types into PDF:
Entrepreneurship (20 points)
This portion must be submitted in PDF format, with the following components. Please reference this checklist for further instructions.
- Title page (1 page)
- Team name (or business name)
- Team members name, school’s name, state, coach’s name, email contact information
- Product (mobile app) name
- Table of contents (1 page)
- Executive summary
- Company description
- Products and/or service description
- Market Analysis
- Marketing Plan (Strategy & Implementations)
- Financial Plan & Projections
Overall Impression Category (25 points)
- Make sure your business plan is feasible and that your business could succeed
- Make each component of the team submission well thought out and put together cohesively.
- Address the problem you are solving in an original way
- Find ways to make your app solution stand out from the other teams